My expansion plans…09/16/2010
…are still up in the air. Let me tell you why, shall I?
– Money. This one can’t really be overcome by any sort of will on my part.
– I really dislike the gutting of paladin healing. In an effort to make mana more important, they’ve reduced a lot of the fun of it. Instead of making the pure regen stat more tempting, they’re just getting rid of anything that would give paladins a reason not to take it. They didn’t make Spirit more tempting, they just got rid of any choice we had not to take it. They’re using a “stick” method in place of a “carrot” one. Why not instead give paladins some of what Holy priests or Tree druids have? If Spirit gave paladins more spellpower, then it would be an interesting choice between that and crit. Both would be combination regen/throughput stats, only in different ways, giving paladins more to think about when gearing. Instead, they’ve decided to make crit a purely throughput stat now. They tried to force paladins to take MP5 before, but we resisted because passive regen is -boring.-
– Because of the last point, I’d be tempted to switch mains again, but doing so is a big pain. It would be my fourth main (1 in Vanilla, 1 in TBC, 1 in WotLK, 1 in Cataclysm) and that’s just too much restarting for my tastes. Ugh.
– My faith in Blizzard as a company has really fallen since 2008 when Activision came into the picture. There is a marked difference in direction since that time, which I just don’t approve of. I’m tempted not to continue giving them my money as a way of expressing my opinion of the change in business practices.
– I don’t like guilds, but not being in one for raiding would be idiotic, considering how many perks are going to be given to guilds. Not to mention that people will want my epic to go towards their guild achievement.
Logically, these reasons would lead me to not continue on in the expansion. The problem is that I want to be with my friends, experience the new content and have fun roleplaying in the chaos. I still have some time to decide what I plan to do, but not too much time at this rate.